Here we explained four different ways to connect Soundbar to Tv with simple steps for setting Soundbar to connect TV using HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) or Optical Cable.
How to Connect the Soundbar to TV without Optical cable or HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface)?
Most of the well-known tv brands such as Samsung, LG, Sony etc., have provided support for the HDMI audio return channel. The major advantage of installing the ARC port is that it enables the transmission of audio signals from TV to Soundbar such as Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos. We know the new variant of the HDMI port is ‘eARC’. The steps involved in connecting the HDMI cable in the tv to the Soundbar include:
How to connect the Soundbar to tv without HDMI?
- Bluetooth: This is one of the most common types of wireless technology found in various speaker conversion kits. The Bluetooth set up consists of two devices which are a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter function is to send a wide range of audio signals to the receiver using Bluetooth, and the television gets connected to the Soundbar.
- Radiofrequency: To establish a connection between the television and Soundbar, radiofrequency is another type used by wireless conversion kits. To provide better coverage and transmission of audio signals, these radio frequency devices use the bandwidth of 2.4 gigahertz band. To minimise the interference that can occur due to multiple devices using the same frequency, some of the modern conversion kits use the technique of frequency hopping.
- WiFi: One of the less preferred connections for giving the television with wireless capability is the WiFi. In this technique, the transmitter employs the use of the internet to transmit the audio signals. These audio signals are then downloaded in uncompressed form by the receiver to create the speaker’s output. This method of connecting the Soundbar to the television produces the best quality of audio, but the intermission time is variable depending on the speed of the internet. Thus the presence of a faster Internet connection enables the audio quality of the output with high resolution.
- with HDMI
How to connect the Soundbar to TV with HDMI(High-Definition Multimedia Interface)?
- Connect the HDMI cable from the tv audio port (ARC) to the HDMI of the soundbar input.
- Using the tv screen, select the tv sound settings menu, modify the tv sound output from speaker to external devices, and then select HDMI and disabling the inbuilt speakers.
- If sound effects are not turn on yet, check whether HDMI – CEC is enabled, and this setting allows the Soundbar and the tv to control one another by using an HDMI connection.
Connecting a soundbar to a television using HDMI is one of the most widely used and up to date methods of connecting audiovisual devices. Hence using HDMI is one of the most preferred ways to connect the television and the Soundbar. HDMI can use only if both the Soundbar as well as television support it. For connecting a soundbar to the television using HDMI, the television needs HDMI ARC ports. Most of the newly manufactured television sets have HDMI inputs. For enabling the Soundbar to be connected to the tv, one of these HDMI ports must enable access for ARC. This port will be labelled next to the port on TV as ‘ARC’.
- optical cable
One of the most commonly used ways of connecting a tv with a soundbar before the advent of HDMI was using an optical cable. We can still use this method for connecting the tv to the Soundbar if both the TV and the Soundbar contain the optical output and the audio input units. Optical cables are still widely used on many television sets and present on the backside of the tv. Nowadays, Many soundbars have inbuilt optical audio inputs, and it provides one of the best ways for connecting the Soundbar to the television without the presence of HDMI. The various steps that are involved in connecting the optical cable to the soundbar include:
How to connect the Soundbar to tv with Optical cable?
- Connect the optical digital audio output cable that is present in the tv to the optical input of the Soundbar.
- Open the audio menu in the tv and modify the sound output settings to external speakers of the optical output, and also, the inbuilt speakers should be disabled.
- Turning the television volume to zero also enables the Soundbar’s sound to hear with utmost clarity.
- Without optical cable
When the tv needs to connect to a soundbar without optical cable, it can do using the stereo analogue RCA input. We usually find this variant of analogue connection in budget models or older television models. This method of connecting the Soundbar and the television is also present in soundbars that contain multiple inputs, which enables more external devices to connect to the Soundbar.
How to connect the soundbar to tv without Optical cable?
The setup can done by using a standard stereo analogue audio wire form a stereo analogue output form the television.( or )
The soundbar can connect to a stereo RCA cable. The connection can set up by the red and white connectors of RCA connections present on the soundbar.
- Without HDMI
The most preferred alternative is without HDMI by going wireless, which enables the connection of the television to the soundbar without the presence of all the multiple wires and not compromising the audio quality that the soundbar can give. The advantages of connecting the tv and soundbar are that it does not require various devices for connecting. It can be easily done by connecting the transmitter to the tv and then the receiver to the soundbar. Some of the different types of wireless speaker connections include:
Some of the advantages of using the wireless method of connecting the television to the soundbar are that it causes less clutter, provides an all-in-one audio connection, enables the user to use more channels and effects surround sound. The disadvantages of using this technique are that it is less expensive and it is limited in range.